Welcome to the latest IMCJ!
In this issue you will find our latest articles.
- Can We Say "Cure"? - Joseph Pizzorno, ND, Editor in Chief
- Intestinal Microbiome, Akkermansia muciniphila, and Medical Nutrition Therapy - Jeffrey Bland, PhD, FACN, FACB, Associate Editor
- As Seen on TV - Bill Benda, MD, Associate Editor
- The 80/20 Rule: Why Medical Insurers Are Not Interested in Cost Cutting (or Integrative Health)...plus more - John Weeks
- The New Food Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Their Effect on Dietary Supplement Quality: What You Need to Know - Michael D. Levin
- In Vivo Osteoinduction: Evaluating 2-Beta Coxatene as an Immunoinductive Compound and Novel Ingredient for Joint Support - Katherine Spinks, RD; James J. Scaffidi, BSc, DNM(c)
- Probiotics and Disease: A Comprehensive Summary—Part 1, Mental and Neurological Health - Keren E. Dolan, MS; Heather J. Finley, MS, RD, LD, CEDRD; Cathleen M. Burns, MS, RD; Margaret G. Gasta, MS, RDN, CCN; Crystal M. Gossard, MS, CNS; Emily C. Parker, MS, RD; Jessica M. Pizano, MS, CNS; Christy B. Williamson, MS, CNS; Elizabeth A. Lipski, PhD, CNS, CCN, BCHN, IFMCP
- Reversal of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Sleep Disturbance, and Fatigue With an Elimination Diet, Lifestyle Modification, and Dietary Supplements: A Case Report - Stephanie Davis, DC
- David Haase, MD: Healing the Gut and Brain Through Electrophysiology - Interview by Craig Gustafson
- Kabran Chapek, ND: Successful Progression of Diet-and-lifestyle Therapies for Cognitive Impairment - Interview by Craig Gustafson
- Tracy Gaudet, MD: Being an Agent of Health Care Transformation - Interview by Bill Benda, MD, Associate Editor
- New Study Finds EPA and DHA Omega-3s Lower Risk of Coronary Heart Disease
- The Institute For Functional Medicine Announces Collaboration With Dale Bredesen's MPI Cognition
- Can Paint Strokes Help Identify Alzheimer's?
- Iron Deficiency Anemia Associated with Hearing Loss
Reprints of articles from past issues are available, collected by topic for your convenience, including:
- Diet Therapy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
The origins of the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM) date back at least to Evarts G. Loomis, a medical doctor trained at Cornell Medical School, who in 1958 opened the Meadowlark Center in California.1 Integrative and holistic medicine at the Meadowlark Center grew through key iterative steps into the...
- Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine | January 5 - 8, 2017—Hamline University, St Louis Park, Minnesota
- Institute for Function Medicine: Cardiometabolic Advance Practice Module | February 2-4, 2017—Hyatt Regency, Austin, Texas
- Institute for Function Medicine: Immune Advance Practice Module | February 5-7, 2017—Hyatt Regency, Austin, Texas
- 2017 South Beach Symposium | February 9-12, 2017—Loews Miami Beach Hotel, Miami Beach, Florida