Welcome to the latest IMCJ!
In this issue you will find our latest articles.
- The Path Ahead - Hard to be Healthy in North America - Joseph Pizzorno, ND, Editor in Chief
- BackTalk - A Pirate Looks at 60 - Bill Benda, MD, Associate Editor
- Going, Going, Nearly Gone: Licensed "CAM" Practitioners Disappearing From the National Institutes of Health NCCIH Advisory Council...plus more - John Weeks
- Kevin Spelman, PhD - Keeping It Together: The Other Compounds in Cannabis and the Benefits of Whole-herb Use - Interview by Craig Gustafson
- Denis Wilson, MD: Low Body Temperature as an Indicator for Poor Expression of Thyroid Hormone - Interview by Craig Gustafson
- Evaluation of the Effects of BioCell Collagen, a Novel Cartilage Extract, on Connective Tissue Support and Functional Recovery From Exercise - Hector L. Lopez, MD; Tim N. Ziegenfuss, PhD; Joosang Park, PhD
- Rauwolfia in the Treatment of Hypertension - Douglas Lobay, BSc, ND
- The Continuum of Health Professions - Clyde B. Jensen, PhD
- The Effect of Dietary Change in a Patient With Ichthyosis Vulgaris: A Case Report - Brian Anderson, DC, CCN, MPH, MS
- Michael Smith, MD: Treat the Underlying Causes of Weight Gain to Facilitate Successful Weight Loss - Interview by Craig Gustafson
- Metagenics Healthcare Institute for Clinical Nutrition Collaborates on Innovative Study Focused on Methylation and Patient Outcomes
- Precision Nutrition: The Future is Now
- The Institute For Functional Medicine Names Robert Rountree, MD, As The 2015 Linus Pauling Award Recipient
- Study Provides Hope for Millions of Diabetic Wound Sufferers
Reprints of articles from past issues are available, collected by topic for your convenience, including:
- Diet Therapy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
Inadequate calcium intake can lead to decreased bone mineral density, which can increase the risk of bone fractures. Supplemental calcium promotes bone mineral density and strength and can prevent osteoporosis. Recent scientific evidence, however, suggests that elevated consumption of calcium supplements may raise the risk for heart disease and can be connected with accelerated deposit of calcium in...
- The Institute for Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Module (APMS): Hormone | July 9-11, 2015 | Radisson Blue Aqua Hotel, Chicago, Illinois
- The Institute for Functional Medicine Advanced Practice Module (APMS): Detox | July 12-14, 2015 | Radisson Blue Aqua Hotel, Chicago, Illinois
- Detox Summit | July 19, 2015 | Double Tree Suites-Time Square, New York, New York
- AANP 30th Anniversary Conference | August 5-8, 2015 | Oakland Marriott, Oakland, California